Current Concepts for Implant Restorative Procedures
A HADS CE Program, Sponsored by Zimmer Dental
Presented by Dr. James A. Rivers
When: Friday, December 6, 2013
Where: Raddison Penn Harris Convention Center, Mechanicsburg
Credits: There will be 7 CE Credits of which 7 will be applicable to Pennsylvania dental licensure renewal
Implant dentistry has become a routine part of dental treatment. implant restorations are predictable and functional and therefore are acceptable to most dental patients. Advances in surgical techniques and restorative materials have made it possible to achieve excellent results. In situations where patients are missing single teeth, implants offer a one-tooth solution to a one-tooth problem. This lecture will present a variety of cases where implant restorations are the treatment of choice. restorative techniques will be documented with clinical cases. The presentation will include implant restorative treatment planning and procedures for the esthetic zone, immediate provisional restorations, complex restorative cases and overdentures.
At the conclusion of the presentation the participant will:
- Be able to diagnose and treatment plan simple and complex implant cases.
- Be able to discuss the various Tapered Screw-Vent and Screw-Vent restorative components with the laboratory technician
- Be able to use a fixture mount as an indirect transfer or temporary abutment
- Be able to prepare a fixture mount and provisional restoration for use at first or second stage surgery.
- Be able to prepare and use the hex-lock plastic temporary abutment.
- Be able to utilize SmartSteps Techniques.
- Know the indications for using screw retained vs. cement retained restorations and the components necessary for each procedure.
- Know the procedures for using locator attachments to retain overdentures
- Know the steps for replacing locator attachment components
- Know the steps necessary for constructing bar assisted and supported overdentures.
The Speaker- Dr. James A Rivers, D.M.D., M.H.S.
Dr. James A. Rivers is Professor and Chair, Department of Oral Rehabilitation at the College of Dental Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina. He completed his prosthodontics residency and master in Health Sciences at MUSC. Dr. Rivers is a fellow of the American College of dentists and the International College of Dentists. He is a member of the ADA,American College of Prosthodontists, Academy of Osseointegration, American Academy of Implant Dentistry and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He has received numerous teaching awards and received the Meritorious Achievement Award by the South Carolina Dental Association for his contribution to dental education and establishment of the dental implant educational program at MUSC. He is the recipient of the 2006 Outstanding Clinician Award at the Medical University of South Carolina. he has presented over 200 invited local, state, national and international lectures. Dr. Rivers maintains an active intramural practice limited to oral rehabilitation, prosthodontics and dental implants. he is active in dental continuing education, lecturing nationally and internationally on dental implants and oral rehabilitation.
Click here to register. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Mike Hartman at (717) 303-8418 and leave a message.