If you are unhappy with your smile, many
cosmetic options exist to help improve it. Talk with your
dentist so he or she can assess your needs and dental history to
determine a suitable option to restore your smile.
What are some of the cosmetic options
There are a variety of cosmetic options for a patient to consider, in consultation with their dentist, including:
- Tooth Whitening/Bleaching: PDA recommends that you consult your dentist before beginning any tooth whitening procedure. Your dentist may suggest an in-office procedure or dispense a system that can be used at home.
- Bonding: If you have chipped teeth or gaps that you want to close between teeth, bonding can improve their appearance.
- Veneers: Custom-made shells that cover the front side of damaged teeth, veneers can help restore the image of teeth that are crooked, midshapen or permanently stained.
- Braces: Braces or other orthodontic appliances can help realign crooked or crowded teeth that do not align properly.
- Crowns: By acting as a cover, crowns add additional support for a week tooth that is broken or cover a dental implant or a tooth that is stained or misshapen.
- Bridges/Implants/Dentures: These options replace missing teeth with artificial teeth. If you are missing all or a majority of your natural teeth, your dentist may recommend the use of dentures.