Did you know that membership in organized dentistry is a wise investment? Members who use just a few of the available member benefits save an average of $3,000 a year. PDA member benefits include legislative advocacy, discounted continuing education, discounted insurance plans, award-winning publications, a members-only Social Network and much more. View the cost-benefits analysis table.
Ways to Benefit from PDA Membership
- Interact with colleagues. From a private, electronic Social Network to face-to-face meetings and events, PDA provides ample opportunities to keep in touch with your peers and discuss issues that affect your profession and your practice
- Legislative representation. With more than 61 percent of all Pennsylvania dentists as PDA members, it goes to show that there truly is power in numbers. PDA successfully advocates on members’ behalf every day to ensure the dental profession is protected and stronger than ever
- Save time and money. As a member, you have the ability to receive exclusive discounts on high-quality products for your business, such as credit card processing, payroll services and debt collections.
- Increase your knowledge. Members may attend continuing education (CE) courses and meetings held locally, statewide and nationally at a discounted member-rate. National presentations include ADA’s Annual Session, the Yankee Dental Congress in Boston and the Midwinter Dental Conference in Chicago. Many district and local dental societies also conduct CE programs so members can earn credits toward relicensure without ever having to leave their immediate area.
- Give back to the community. PDA members continue to shine as participants in National Children’s Dental Health Month (NCDHM), held every February. In fact, PDA has been honored with numerous awards and accolades for its commendable member volunteer commitment.
- Promote your services. Members receive an automatic listing in the public search function, Find a Member Dentist, on PDA’s website. Every day, patients visit PDA's website to search for dentists in their area with this popular and easy to use feature.
- Easily accessible resources. Members gain access to a plethora of resources, such as complimentary electronic enrollment in PDA’s Placement Service, usage of ADA and PDA logos and access to PDA’s reliable and dedicated staff. Did you know that more than 85 percent of consumers are aware of ADA, according to a recent survey? When asked the purpose of ADA, the top response by consumers was to focus on improving oral health. Members can display the ADA and PDA member logos on practice communications, such as professional websites, signage, stationery and other publicity materials, including advertisements.
- Support the next generation. Interact with future practitioners by attending PDA Student Outreach Events or participate in the Statewide Mentoring Program. Both are great opportunities to foster and encourage dental student and new dentist involvement in the organized dentistry community, but also could help you find a prospective future associate or potential buy-in partner for your practice.
With all of these benefits, services and resources available to PDA members, can you afford not to join? For more information on PDA membership, please contact the membership department at (717) 234-5941.