Dr. Charles J. Incalcaterra
I am seeking your vote for President-Elect of the Pennsylvania Dental Association. As a General Dentist in private practice and a Director of a hospital residency program, I have a broad range of experiences in leadership that I will bring to the PDA.
I have been INVOLVED in leadership positions in the Lehigh Valley Dental Society, Second District, and PDA for over 25 years. I’ve served on the ADA Council of Government Affairs and as a CODA site visitor. Community leadership includes Rotary, Boy Scouts, Youth Lacrosse and Church. I’m a member of the ICD, Pierre Fauchard Society and the ACD as well as a delegate to the ADA. I strongly support both PADPAC and ADPAC.
INCLUSIVE – as Program Director of the General Practice Residency at Lehigh Valley Health Network I have interacted with a diverse group of New Dentists and patients. Cultural Awareness is an important part of our daily interactions with each other as well as in patient care. I annually sponsored our LVHN dental residents to become ADA and PDA members.
INNOVATIVE – I started the Give Kids A Smile Day at LVHN which has served more than 680 children amounting to over $202,000 in charity care. I’ve also created a local Access to Dental Care for Military Veterans in the Lehigh Valley Dental Society that I would like to share statewide.
I have been fortunate to work closely with both President Bruce Terry and President-Elect Jim Boyle as well as a dedicated Board to move the PDA forward. My goals for the following years are to:
• Provide coordinated resources for locals and districts to improve membership growth and retention with the assistance of the PDA.
• Pro-actively promote access to care in PA to head off dental therapists. We can tap the resources in the ADA’s State Government Affairs office to achieve this goal.
• Drive members to take full advantage of PDA, PDAIS and ADA benefits, especially for new dentists and those contemplating practice transitions.
• Foster leadership development by engaging the local, district and PDA committee members to be actively involved at all levels. Develop a Leadership Conference to allow our members to interact with one another and build camaraderie across the state.
• Continue to promote support for PADPAC and ADPAC and develop a legislative agenda to help our members succeed.
• Develop a statewide effort to provide dental care for underserved military veterans.
Thank you for your support. Feel free to contact me with your concerns or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to serving as your next PDA President-Elect!