PDA Supports Patient Identification Markings on Dentures and Orthodontic
PDA supports a requirement that patient names or initials be placed on all
dentures and most orthodontic appliances manufactured by a dentist’s request.
This requirement will help patients by:
- Assisting forensic teams in human identification, particularly in the quick
and efficient identification of victims of mass disasters.
- Aiding health-care professionals in identifying misplaced dentures in
nursing home and other long-term care facilities.
- Helping law enforcement identify missing children.
- Ensuring continuity of quality dental care for the elderly population.
- Assisting victims’ families in bringing closure to tragic events.
|patient identification, id, disasters,
disaster, markings, orthodontic, dentures, appliances, forensic, human
identification, missing children, tragic