Finding a Dentist
If you’ve recently moved or your dentist retired, you may be searching for a new dentist. But, how do you find a new dentist?
How can I find the right dentist for me?
The following are tips to help choose the dentist that is right for you:
- Ask family, friends, neighbors and coworkers for recommendations.
- Ask your family physician or local pharmacist.
- Before moving, ask your current dentist for recommendations.
- Find a PDA member dentist in your area.
When choosing a dentist, what other things should I consider?
When choosing a dentist, it is helpful to consider the following:
- Is the appointment schedule convenient for you?
- Is the office in close proximity to your home or job?
- Is the office clean, neat and orderly?
- Was your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a permanent file?
- Does the dentist explain techniques that will help you prevent dental health problems? Is dental health instruction provided?
- Is information provided about fees and payment plans before treatment is scheduled?
- What happens if I miss an appointment? What is the appointment cancellation policy?
- Are special arrangements made for handling emergencies after office hours?
American Dental Association: Choosing a Dentist
News Release: Howto Choose a Dentist