Welcome a Smile Program
AmeriHealth Caritas — a mission-driven organization with 30 years of experience serving low-income and chronically ill populations — developed the Welcome a Smile program. Welcome a Smile encourages dental providers who do not normally serve Medical Assistance beneficiaries to join in the efforts of improving access to quality oral health for this important population.
Medical Assistance should not be a barrier to care for Pennsylvania families, but a pathway to care. That’s why we encourage you to serve as a dental home to Medical Assistance beneficiaries. It’s what the Welcome a Smile program is all about.
By serving as a dental home to AmeriHealth Caritas members, we can offer you our well-established resources and processes to help ease your administrative burdens, such as:
- Assistance with navigating the contracting and credentialing processes.
- A robust provider support program to assist you with members who might need help understanding plan benefits, are missing appointments or need transportation assistance to meet their appointment times.
- Timely turnaround on electronic claims submissions and electronic funds transfer to streamline your administrative processes.
- A dedicated staff, including a local dental account executive, to personally assist you in all aspects of plan training and education, and subsequent practice support.
- Access to a full-time, in-house dental team; a hands-on dental director who can provide peer-to-peer partnerships; and a responsive Integrated Care Management department that can support your office with the identification, outreach and education of our members.
For more information on the Welcome a Smile program and how AmeriHealth Caritas can assist you in this effort, please contact Christine Brehm Stroman at (717) 651-3599