Pain Management Alternatives and Identification of Addiction
Presented by E. Steven Moriconi, DMD, FACD, FICD, who is in private practice in Jenkintown, PA, and is surgeon-in-chief of the Dental Division at Abington Hospital. Dr. Moriconi has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The lecture will fulfill the Act 124 of 2016, CE requirements for dentists who have a current DEA registration or use another DEA number (as permitted by law) to prescribe controlled substances. Pain management, identification of addiction and the practices of prescribing opioids will be discussed.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will:
- Understand the pathology and physiology of pain and addiction.
- Suggest alternative therapies for pain management.
- Assess treatment programs and understand how to refer for treatment.
- Cite the history and politics of opioids.
- Be aware of doctor prescribing habits.
||Thursday, February 25, 2021
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
$25 – PDA/ADA member dentist
$100 – Nonmember dentist
$25 – hygienists, EFDAs or non-licensed team members
|2 credit hours required for dentists and appropriate for
hygienists, EFDAs and assistants.
|February 18, 2021
Cancellation policy: No refunds.
What to expect for this virtual course:
On February 22, attendees will receive an email with the login to participate in the virtual meeting on February 25. Each attendee must watch the program on their own device and use a device that allows you to view and hear the presentation. Please note that the emails with the link to join the webinar will come from Mary Donlin (email@example.com). We will track attendance and award CE credit. If we do not have your name on the attendance report generated after the virtual meeting, you will not receive credit for the course.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist should contact Rebecca Von Nieda via email regarding online registration.
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you need assistance with your username and password, please contact Rebecca via email.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest. If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. Please use unique email addresses for all attendees.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Pennsylvania Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.
ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
PDA designates this activity for two (2) continuing education credits.