Presented by The Dental Society of Schuylkill County and PDA
Pain Management Alternatives and Identification of Addiction
The lecture will fulfill the Act 124 of 2016 CE requirement for dentists who have a current DEA registration or use another DEA number (as permitted by law). Pain management, identification of addiction and the practices of prescribing opioids will be discussed. Upon completion of the course, the participant will:
- Understand the pathology and physiology of pain and addiction.
- Suggest alternative therapies for pain management.
- Assess treatment programs and understand how to refer for treatment.
- Cite the history and politics of opioids.
- Be aware of doctor prescribing habits.
Presented by: E. Steven Moriconi, DMD, FACD, FICD, who graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and at the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville. Dr. Moriconi has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Dental Regulatory Compliance: As Seen Through the Anatomy of a Disciplinary Action and Dental Malpractice Lawsuit
The course will cover the most frequent grounds for disciplinary actions before the board and malpractice claims, how to avoid these matters and the process of the disciplinary actions and a civil lawsuit.
Presented by: Thomas J. Weber, Esquire, who is a shareholder and member of the Harrisburg law firm of Caldwell & Kerns. Tom graduated from The Dickinson School of Law. During his 28 year legal career Tom has focused on health related legal issues and has provided legal advice to the Pennsylvania Dental Association and the Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Tom has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
||Friday, May 4, 2018
||8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m., includes breakfast
||Schuylkill Country Club, 877 W Market St, Orwigsburg, PA 17961
FREE - Schuylkill County Dental Society member dentist
$250 - PDA member dentist
$400 - Nonmember dentist
$125 - Non-dentist dental team
|5 total credit hours:
2 hours - Act 124
3 hours - Dental Office Compliance
| Extended to April 27. No walk-ins or late registrations.
Cancellation policy: No refunds.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist should contact Andrea Hoover regarding online registration.
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you don't remember your username and password, please contact Andrea Hoover via email.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest. If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
- If the Select an existing contact option appears and the correct guest's name is displayed when clicking in the box, please select his or her name. If a unique email address is not listed for this guest, please add it. Click Save & Close.
- If the Select an existing contact option does not appear, please enter the name of the guest, his or her designation (RDH, EFDA) and a unique email address; click Save & Close.
- Repeat the process until all guests are registered.
- Please note: if the same email address is used for all registrants, only one "reminder to attend" email will be sent.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
PDA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between PDA and The Dental Society of Schuylkill County.
PDA designates this activity for five (5) continuing education credits.
Joint sponsorship does not imply endorsement by the Pennsylvania Dental Association of course content, products or therapies presented.