This course satisfies the mandatory training requirements for dentists and all dental team members.
OSHA and Infection Control Procedures
This course is designed to assist dental teams in meeting the requirement for an annual update on infection control and other safety regulations. The most up-to-date information will be discussed on infection control protocols, CDC guidelines, vaccinations for health care workers, record keeping and training requirements, latex allergies and other work related safety information. In addition, participants will be provided with resources to help them understand and implement infection control procedures.
Presented by: Karen Pass, Co-founder and Principal Compliance Consultant with inUnison Consulting; has more than 17 years of experience guiding dental offices through the complicated regulatory maze.
This course will cover all of the requirements mandated by the Department of Environmental Protection’s Bureau of Radiation Protection regarding the critical importance of the need for continuing education in radiation safety, biological effects, quality assurance and quality control.
Presented by: Joseph Och, System Director, Medical Health Physics at Geisinger Medical Center; serves on the DEP's Radiation Protection Advisory Committee.
||Friday, November 3
||8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Registration and breakfast available at 8 a.m.
||The Country Cupboard, 101 Hafer Rd, Lewisburg, PA 17837
|$95 - Member dentist
$150 - Nonmember dentist
$75 - Non-dentist dental team
| 4 credit hours
Cancellation policy: A refund, less a 10% administrative fee, will be issued if the registration is cancelled in writing seven days prior to the program you are attending. Refunds are not issued for no shows.
Register by: October 23, 2017
To register please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who
are not attending the course with a dentist, should contact
PDA at (717) 234-5941, ext. 123 or email Andrea.
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you don't remember your username and password, please contact PDA's membership department.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
- If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. If the Select an existing contact option appears and the correct guest's name is displayed when clicking in the box, please select his or her name. If a unique email address is not listed for this guest, please add it. Click Save & Close.
- If the Select an existing contact option does not appear, please enter the name of the guest, his or her designation (RDH, EFDA) and a unique email address; click Save & Close.
- Repeat the process until all guests are registered.
- Please note: if the same email address is used for all registrants, only one "reminder to attend" email will be sent.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Please contact Andrea Hoover, PDA component and membership coordinator, at (717) 234-5941, ext. 123 with any questions about online registration.
Sixth District Dental Society is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider Approved by Pennsylvania Dental Association.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Sixth District Dental Society designates this activity for 4 (four) continuing education credits.