How would a dentist or dental hygienist go about putting his or her license on inactive status?

In order for a licensees to put their license on inactive status, they must either (1) submit a letter to the State Board of Dentistry, or (2) at the time of license renewal, there is a place to indicate a desire to place their license on inactive status.

Answer is informational only and not intended as legal advice. Answer may contain excerpts from
 The ADA Practical Guide to Frequently Asked Legal Questions.