What is a non-participating provider's recourse when a patient is paid for services rendered, and fails to make payment to the dentist?

The dentist may contact the insurance carrier, which may obtain recourse from the group/employer plan benefits administrator. If the dentist knows who the employer is, the dentist may contact the company's benefits administrator directly to try and remedy the situation. If all else fails, the dentist may turn the patient over to a collection agency.

Answer is informational only and not intended as legal advice. Answer may contain excerpts from
 The ADA Practical Guide to Frequently Asked Legal Questions.