In the case of parents who are separated or divorced, which parent shall have access to their child’s dental record?

Absent a court order precluding the release of any part or parts of the dental record, or a situation involving a court order governing battered spouses and their dependent children, both parents shall be provided access to all of the minor patient’s dental records.

Answer is informational only and not intended as legal advice. Answer may contain excerpts from
 The ADA Practical Guide to Frequently Asked Legal Questions.