Philadelphia County Dental Society & Pennsylvania Dental Association present:
8:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Endodontics for the GP: Diagnosing the Painful Tooth (3 CE credits)
Presented by: Chinchai Hsiao, DMD; Matthew J. Walters, DDS and Antonio Marques, DMD. All three doctors are practitioners at Endodontics Limited in Northeast Philadelphia, Langhorne and Hatboro, Pennsylvania.
1:00 to 3:00 p.m. - Pain Management Alternatives and Identification of Addiction (Act 124) (2 CE credits)
Presented by: E. Steven Moriconi, DMD, FACD, FICD, who graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and at the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville. Dr. Moriconi has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The Act 124 program may be ordered as a single event. Dispensers and prescribers applying to renew their licenses or certificates must complete at least two hours or CE in pain managment, identification of addiction or the practice of prescribing or dispensing of opioids as a portion of the total CE required for biennial renewal. There are two exemptions for licensees:
- Licensees who are exempt from the federal Drug Enforcement Agency's (DEA) requirements for a registration number.
- Licensees who do not use the registration number of another person or entity, as permitted by law, to prescribe controlled substances in any manner.
||Friday, November 9, 2018
||8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Registration opens at 8 a.m.
||Philadelphia Hilton City Avenue Hotel
|$175 - PCDS Member
$250 - ADA/PDA Member dentist
$95 - Non-dentist dental team employed by PCDS/ADA/PDA Member
$300 - Nonmember dentist
$125 - Non-dentist dental team employed by nonmember
| 5 credit hours
Cancellation policy: No refunds on courses purchased as part of the CE package. Refunds for courses purchased individually will be issued less a 10% administrative fee if the registration is cancelled in writing seven days prior to the program you are attending. Refunds are not issued for no shows.
PDA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
PDA designates this activity for 5 (five) continuing education credits.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist, PCDS associate members and non-member dentists should email Rebecca to request a registration form.
1. Sign in to the website. Every PDA member dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you don't remember your username and password, please contact PDA's membership department.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
- If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. If the Select an existing contact option appears and the correct guest's name is displayed when clicking in the box, please select his or her name. If a unique email address is not listed for this guest, please add it. Click Save & Close.
- If the Select an existing contact option does not appear, please enter the name of the guest, his or her designation (RDH, EFDA) and a unique email address; click Save & Close.
- Repeat the process until all guests are registered.
- Please note: if the same email address is used for all registrants, only one "reminder to attend" email will be sent.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Please contact Rebecca Von Nieda at (717) 234-5941, ext. 117 with any questions about the meeting or online registration.