Live Virtual Course:
OSHA Safety and Infection Control
Presented by Karen Pass, co-founder and principal consultant for inUnison Consulting, LLC, providing OSHA Safety and HIPAA regulatory compliance programs, audit support and implementation assistance for dental, medical and veterinary facilities. Karen has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The lecture will discuss OSHA Standards related to health and safety in the dental workplace and the CDC guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Healthcare Settings.
Upon completion of the course, the participan will be able to:
- Explain the requirements and necessity of OSHA's healthcare regulatory Standards and the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Healthcare Settings.
- Demonstrate how to lower the risks of occupational infection and injury by utilizing appropriate engineering controls and applying suitable work practices.
- Illustrate cleaning, disinfection and sterilization procedures.
- Describe the management, timeline and documentation of an exposure incident.
- List workplace violence, emergency action and disaster plan responses.
||Thursday, September 9, 2021
||6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
|$35 – PDA/ADA member dentist
$100 – Nonmember dentist
$35 – hygienists, EFDAs or non-licensed team members
|2 credit hours appropriate for dentists,
hygienists, EFDAs and assistants.
|September 2, 2021
Cancellation policy: No refunds.
What to expect for this virtual course:
On September 7, attendees will receive an email with the login to participate in the virtual meeting on September 9. Each attendee must watch the program on their own device. Please enter your full name when you sign-in to the virtual course so we can track attendance and award CE credit. If we do not have your name on the attendance report generated after the virtual meeting, you will not receive credit for the course.
To register online please follow these steps:
Non-dentist dental team members who are not attending the course with a dentist should contact Rebecca Von Nieda via email regarding online registration.
1. Sign in to the website. Every dentist has a record. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you need assistance with your username and password, please contact Andrea via email.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for the course, click +Add a Guest under "My Registration Status:" to add your guest. If you have previously attended a PDA program with a non-dentist guest, that person may appear as an existing contact. Please use unique email addresses for all attendees.
4. Click Proceed to Checkout to review your order and enter your credit card information.
5. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email.
Pennsylvania Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.
ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
PDA designates this activity for two (2) continuing education credits.