Dr. Elliot V. Hersh will present "Evidence Based Analgesia for Dental Professionals" and "Local Anesthetic Update--What's Old and What's New." The analgesia course will first review the biochemical and physiological mechanisms behind post-surgical dental pain and then discuss various double-blind randomized controlled trials on the efficacy of various analgesic agents following the surgical removal of impacted third molar teeth. Dr. Hersh also will review many of the nuances of local anesthetics and their associated vasoconstrictors and introduce the clinician to some new drugs that may be useful to add to their armamentarium.
NOTE: Two hours of CE in pain management, identification of addiction or the practices of prescribing or dispensing of opioids is a condition of renewal in 2019 for licensees who have a current DEA registration or use another DEA number (as permitted by law) to prescribe controlled substances. Currently, PDA does not have approval for a CE course to fulfill the new requirement but we are working with the state to approve the October 20 course offered by Dr. Hersh.
Online registration is available to PDA member dentists only. ADA dentists outside PA, non-member dentists and dental team members who are not attending the meeting with a PDA member dentist, should contact PDA at (717) 234-5941, ext. 117 or email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register please follow these steps:
- Login to the website. Every PDA member dentist has a record. For most members, your website default User ID is your first initial last name and 4 digit year of birth with no spaces. The password is lowercase ada and your membership number. If you don’t remember your login and password or if you are a dental student please contact email@example.com.
- Click “Register Myself” to begin.
- Click "Add" to register yourself for the course.
- To register non-dentist (hygienists, assistants or non-licensed guests) attendees for courses and events, click "Add a Guest" under "My Registration Status:" to enter the name of the guest with their designation (RDH, EFDA); click "Save & Close." Please wait (30-seconds) until the icon bearing the name of your guest appears on the screen to click "Add" to register them for the CE course. Repeat the process until all guests are registered.
- Click “Proceed to Checkout” to review your order and enter your credit card information. Click "Submit Order" to complete the registration process.