Created September 2021; Expires September 2024
Course is two hours and participants who successfully complete the post-test will earn two CE credits. PDA staff will report to the state that you completed the Act 31 requirement. If you complete the course after 3 p.m. on March 30, your credits will be reported Friday, March 31. On March 31, complete the course by 11:30 p.m. and your credits will be reported by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 31.
This course will fulfill the Act 31 CE requirement for dentists, hygienists and EFDAs renewing a Pennsylvania dental license. PDA's program, Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting for Dental Professionals, is approved by the Department of Human Services and the PA State Board of Dentistry. The course does NOT fulfill the requirement for initial licensees who need 3 CE credits in child abuse recognition and reporting to apply for a dental license in Pennsylvania.
Upon completion of the online training, the participant should be able to:
Participants will be asked to provide their full name, license number (including prefix), date of birth and the last 4 digits of their social security number. PDA will transmit this information to the state to verify that the participant completed the course.
- Understand categories of child abuse as defined by the Child Protective Services Law.
- Recognize universal child abuse indicators and clinical, intraoral pathologies of physical and sexual abuse.
- Understand the legal responsibilities as mandated reporters.
- Know when, how and where to report suspected abuse, and what happens after a report is made.
- Understand the protections for reporters and penalties for failure to report.
||$0 - PDA Member dentist (complimentary)
$50 - ADA Member dentist
$100 - Nonmember dentist
$25 - Hygienists & Assistants
|2 credit hours required for dentists, hygienists and EFDAs.
Also appropriate for all dental team members.
Cancellation policy: No refunds are issued for online CE courses.
PDA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
PDA designates this activity for 2 (two) continuing education credits.
Important registration information:
Non-dentist dental team members and non-member dentists may contact PDA at (717) 234-5941, Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to establish a username and password. After hours, email PDA's membership department who will assist you on the next business day.
1. Sign in to the website with your user name and password. Note: Every PDA member dentist has a user name and password. For most dentists, your website default username is your first initial, last name and four-digit year of birth with no spaces, no punctuation. The password is lowercase ada and your ADA number. If you don't remember your username and password, please contact PDA's membership department.
2. Click the Register Myself button. Pricing will be applied based on your member status.
3. If payment is required, enter your credit card information.
4. Click Submit Order to complete your registration. You have 24/7 access to the program for 6-months from the date of registration. Before you access the course, add the web page https://learn.padental.org/topclass/ as an allowed site under pop-up blockers. For assistance, Google instructions to add an allowed website for the web browser you use to access the internet. Instructions are available at the bottom of the Continuing Education page of PDA's website.
5. To access the course, go to PDA's website at www.padental.org click on Continuing Education. Click on Available CE Courses. Scroll to the bottom of the self-study courses listed on the right. Click the Online CE button. The TopClass platform will open. Click Go To Your Learning Center and launch the course.
6. At the Congratulations You Passed screen, close the internet window that displays the name of the course to transmit the results and create your certificate. Instructions and screen shots are available at the bottom of the Continuing Education page of PDA's website.
7. The certificate will be saved in your Learning Center. To access your Learning Center, go to PDA's website at www.padental.org click on Continuing Education. Click on Available CE Courses. Scroll to the bottom of the self-study courses listed on the right. Click the Online CE button. The TopClass platform will open. Click Go To Your Learning Center. Click the word Completed to see the list of courses you completed. Click View Certificate to print the form or save a copy to your computer.
If you have questions, contact PDA at (717) 234-5941 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.